One of the most advanced products, and used by Dr. Wadhwa and our staff is the iTero digital scanner. We utilize a digital scanner that allows us to capture digital images of your teeth and bite rather than using uncomfortable, unpleasant-tasting, messy and sometimes inaccurate impressions.Using a digital scanner allows us to create computer generated models of teeth within minutes. Unlike digital techniques, traditional techniques involve using multiple materials and steps. Patients view digital scanning as a much more comfortable process. There is much more room for efficiency and accuracy when using digital scanning. Also it is possible for the doctor to send impressions to the lab via email rather than sending them through mail.
Digital scanning benefits include:
• Improved image/impression quality for better-fitting restorations
• Less chair time
• No need for distasteful impression materials that cause some patients to gag
• More comfortable, less anxious experience for patients and the dental team
• Reduced possibility of impression-taking errors and elimination of material inaccuracies for fewer restoration mistakes
• Patients tend to appreciate the new technology and state-of-the-art dental care, so they become more engaged in, and better informed about, the treatment process because they can see their impressions on-screen chair-side.
• The scan of the teeth being restored, as well as the opposing teeth and bite, can be completed in just three to five minutes.
• The digital impression can be stored electronically indefinitely, which saves space, contributes to efficient record keeping, and supports a paper-free environment.
• Green dentistry and eco-friendly aspects include eliminating the need for disposable plastic trays and impression materials, which otherwise would be polluting landfill space; digital data is eliminated with the "delete" button.
To learn more about the techniques used in our office call us today and schedule an appointment.